Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh That Penny Rug Adventure ...


The adventure of the Early Style Penny Rug continues ...


I spent a bit of time this past weekend putzing with it ...



re-arranging and re-arranging until it "spoke" to me ... actually it YELLED at me ... "ENOUGH already -- go get your needle!"

Notice my hand dyed cotton floss ball --- oooooohhhhhh la la, it turned out
wonderfully!!!! My best batch yet I'm thinking ...


As you can see, I listened to my Early Style Penny Rug when it told me to grab my needle ... the first penny is blanket stitched ... and the adventure continues ...

5 comments:

/sewprimitive said...

Oh Teresa, this is looking just wonderful! I really like the colors you've come up with through your dyeing, so soft and mellow. What size is the rug? If you've already posted that, I missed it. I have wanted to do something like this since your class on penny rugs in Lancaster. I do need to find some more wool, though. You made me laugh with your post about the "antique dyes" you used. Those were what we used to dye yarns when I was in Art School, and they were considered new and trendy then.

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Thanks so much, Jan! LOL on the dyes ... I THOUGHT they were antiques but I guess maybe vintage would better describe them since I KNOW you're a young'un and if you used them ... well, then they're NOT antiques. The penny rug is either 52" or 54" long. It's a BIG one.

Rock River Stitches said...

Teresa, I think your penny rug is going to be gorgeous. Love your colors. I hope you post a pic of it when its finished. One of these days I going to try make a penny rug.

blessings,
Tammy

Raggedy Angel said...

I really like that, I am gonna have to try one!Beth

The Real Estate Talker said...

Love this rug, I have been wanting to make one, you may have inspired me again to try.
Stop over and vist my blog:
http://sheseekethwoolandflax.blogspot.com/
Blessings