Monday, April 13, 2009

He's home ... safe and sound ...

My Josh is home!!! He's the tallest one in the back ... all graduated from Air Force security forces training ... gotta love that blue beret!!! He spent the past couple of weeks guarding the gates at his base here in Illinois. And now he's taking a two week break to relax, unwind, adapt back to civilian life, and take a short trip to Canada to visit friends before going back to work at the cable company full-time. He reports to his base the first weekend of every month for drill and for two weeks in the summer for training. A group from his base will be leaving shortly to serve six months in Saudi Arabia. I'm relieved that he's not leaving already ... I know he will eventually ... although I can't bring myself to think of it ... not yet ...

No comments: