Saturday, June 27, 2009

How I spent a hot summer day ...

QUILTING!!! And doing a big of cleaning in the sewing room. I'm digging through kits and UFOs ... today I ironed two batik table toppers that have been pieced for hmmmmmmm ... two years???? I've ironed the toppers and their backings and have them ready to sandwich and pin. And then I dug out this kit for a twin sized quilt that I bought last year at Quilt Festival. I remember I loved the sample I saw there ... it reminded me of a worn, sun-faded quilt on grandma's front porch swing and I just had to have it. The name of the quilt pattern is 5 and Dime and it's a quick-pieced, fat quarter-friendly pattern. In one afternoon I've done all my cutting and piecing and tomorrow all I have left to sew are the long seams between the pieced strips and the focus fabric strips. I even have all my binding ... an enjoyable afternoon in the air conditioning ...

No comments: