Friday, February 19, 2010

Our son's graduation from BMT ...

Our youngest son has graduated from Basic Military Training at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX!!!  We're so danged proud we could just POP!!!! 


I could be just a bit biased, but I think he's the handsomest kid ... the most beautiful blue eyes that just dance when he smiles ... and he did ALOT of smiling while we were there with him ...


The weather was horrible while we were there ... cold, wet, rainy, windy and just downright crappy.  All of the ceremonies were held on the individual flight's training pad underneath of the dorms ... I took gobs of pictures and very few turned out ... the above picture was the coin ceremony ... and the first time we've seen our son in two months.  


I just wanted to hug him and hug him and hug him ...


My guys ... hubby on the left, Quinn, and Josh ... I was thrilled that Josh could fly down with us ... we were strolling along the Riverwalk in San Antonio ... the rain stopped for a few hours and we took advantage of the mild weather ... and Quinn enjoyed being out in the "real world" ...


Graduation Day!!!!  Again, on the pad under the dorms because it was raining and windy and just downright nasty out ...


Quinn's home sweet home for the past two months ... hmmmmmmmmmm, his room at home NEVER looked this nice ...


It amazes me how CLEAN everything is ... everything lined up, everything exactly the same ... spotless ... wish I could get my hands on a couple of those nice gray wool blankets ...

All too soon it was time to say goodbye ... it was hard ... REALLY hard ... but it was also a relief in some ways ... we've seen him, he's healthy, he's proud, and he's excited about his future ... he's currently attending Tech School at Ft. Sheppard, TX and will be finished with school and able to come home for a brief visit in May ... he will then be stationed in Okinawa for two years ... he can't WAIT!!!!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Congrats to your son! And good luck to him as well!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being so proud. I had 2 daughters and a son graduated from Lackland.

Christine Crocker said...

Congratulations to your son and all of you.
I can see why you would be so very proud indeed.
One of my brothers graduated from there,too.

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog today, Teresa.
I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my old fence. I can't wait to have it up!

I've been enjoying all these lovely samplers and stitcheries here on your lovely blog, these are things I have always dearly loved.

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your blog Teresa! How proud you should be too! Lovely to catch up with what you're doing and hope the gardening goes well. Bet you're enjoying the spring weather. Love the samplers you are doing as well. Great to see YOU too! Cheers, Jan xxx