Friday, July 4, 2008

Harvesting the herbs ...

Today was the day ... the first harvesting of the Attic's herb gardens.
Today's harvesting included: dill, fennel, lemon balm, lemon mint, lemon verbena, lime mint, orange mint ...

oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and sweet basil ...
The harvesting began last evening with a good watering to wash the herbs. I was up and out the door early today with my morning coffee ... big, floppy gardening hat on my head and an antique wood bowl holding my harvest scissors, kitchen string, paper labels, and permanent marker.
Tomorrow I harvest the last of the lavender, pull the radish remnants, and plant the second harvest of green beans ...



1 comment:

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Love your herbs.....hop on over to my blog and you can see that we have been up to the same thing! AND I have yellow lilies too...but no roses - hope yours come back next year! Beautiful pictures - summer is so pretty! Judy