Friday, July 4, 2008

Some new garden pics ...

The lilies are STUNNING this year ...

those wave petunias are doing their "thing" ...

my stepping stone ... made a few years ago from a kit I bought at Michael's ... it has held up unbelieveably well ... I leave it out through the hard northern Illinois winters ... the first year or so, it looked "like a kit", but the last few years, it has aged nicely ... I think I'll buy another kit this year ...

the old-fashioned roses are struggling this year ... does the bush just plain old get old or something? I had to cut away lots of dead branches this spring ... I'm happy to see a few blooms as I thought they were goners ...

the dill (before today's harvest) with orange and yellow lilies in the background ...

the new hostas this year ...

the coneflowers are just beginning to open ...

my poor rose bushes ...

I love, love, LOVE these lilies ... no birds moved in this year ... we DID have a robin build her nest in the bent part of our downspout ... too high to be able to see what happened in there ... the nest has been abandoned for a couple of weeks now ... time to pull it down ...

No comments: