Friday, October 9, 2009

Old friends ... there just isn't anything better ...


Last weekend I was able to get together with a group of old friends that I haven't seen in awhile ... some longer than others ... and we had a BLAST shopping at our favorite prim shop, Two Sisters in Sandwich, IL ... it was soooooooooooooooo nice to see everyone ... just what this ol' gal needed ... old friends ... there just isn't anything better ... front row starting lower left ... Terri, my partner in crime and all things ROAD TRIP!!!!!! ... next to her is yours truly with my arm around Kitty Cat (Primitive Heart), Emily (Hootin' Annies) ... back row upper left ... Rhonda (Cattywhompus), Donna (Santamaker), and Chris (Walnut Ridge) ... the "original" gathering gals!!!!  Yep, it's been awhile ...


Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...


Chris and her boyfriend, Dan ... it's been a long time since I've seen Chris ... she is as gorgeous and sweet as ever ... and Dan is a keeper!!!  What a guy!!!  Hung right in there with the girls ... he deserves a medal or something ... and not once did he whine ... yep, he's a keeper ...


Lunch with the group ... Rhonda and Cat ... a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon ... gorgeous day, good friends, and prim shopping ... does a girl's heart good!!


I HAD to show you this lil gal ... Ms. Kitty Cat is THE Queen Dollmaker ... her dolls are truly incredible ... museum quality always.  Now Ms. Kitty's true love is miniatures ... this little dolly was MAYBE 6" tall ... unbelieveable details ... every hand stitch perfect ... the little boots were hand molded and painted and I wish you could really see them ... the face ... those EYES!!!!! ... all I can say is WOW!!!!!  Every project of Cat's that I've been lucky enough to see in person has left me awestruck ... and our Ms. Kitty Cat is so humble about her talents ... she really has no clue how extraordinary she is!!!!

 
Sweet little gift from Emily ... she's always so thoughtful ... prim brown repro fabric ... vintage buttons and twill tape ... antique cabinet card ... there was a prim notepad, but I took it to work ... I love having prim notepads to use at work ... what a nice surprise from Emily ... love ya, Em!!!

* * * * * * * * * *

A quiet weekend ahead ... tomorrow my Quinn goes for his monthly meeting with his Air Force recruiter ... the days and weeks seem to be flying past and all too soon my last chick will leave the nest and head to Texas for boot camp ... it's becoming all too real now ... I feel it in my chest when I dwell on it ... I try not to spend my time thinking of it ... but every once in a while, it creeps up on me ...

* * * * * * * * * *

No major plans ... it's supposed to be COLD and WET ... and I heard the "S" word just yesterday in the weather forecast ... yes, that's right ... the "S" word ... SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our first major overnight frost ... the one that will leave everything looking so sad ... is predicted tomorrow night ... I'll be yanking the last of my gourds tomorrow ... out of the lilac tree (about 12 little punkins all in a row on one vine ... a volunteer from last year) ... out of the birch tree (a birdhouse gourd vine jumped the fence and grabbed a branch and now I have one little gourd about 20' in the air ... I hope I can get it down without it dropping and smashing on the sidewalk) ... and all the big green fatso gourds off the fence.  I grew Tennessee Bombs this year ... I've never seen them before ... they looked like cute little round green gourds on the seed packet ... HA!!!!  Mine are gargantuan!!!!  They must weight a good five or six pounds each!!!!  I'll have to remember to get pictures and to weigh those babies ... I sure hope they'll dry over the winter and not rot ... some gourds do and some don't ... we'll have to see what the Tennessee Bombs do ...

* * * * * * * * * *

I've been in a cross stitching mood lately ... cupboard tucks and bowl fillers ... pinkeeps ... needlerolls ... lots of things just waiting to be finished up ... stay tuned ...

* * * * * * * * * *

Sunday afternoon I'm watching my beautiful grandbabies, Brick and Piper.  I haven't seen them in two weeks ... can't wait to give them hugs!  We're baking and decorating cupcakes ... fun, fun!!!

5 comments:

Robby said...

Oh looks like fun Teresa. The pics are great. xxxRobby

Christine said...

How fun!!!!! I would love to meet you all someday! I am lovin' my pumpkin runner!
Hugs, Christine

LoveThePrimLook said...

You lucky duck !!!! I love all of their work !!!! I sure do miss seeing it too. Is Chris still making prims?

Raggedy Angel said...

Come see me! Beth

Raggedy Angel said...

It is safe to say it made you smile!
LOL! I will look forward to your post! Have a great day.
Beth